Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Your own Backyard

I make it a point to know where I am at. This is located downtown Laramie, Wyoming. Why do I bring this up? I have a friend, Codename: Plush, she has been in Laramie for a number of years and knows very little about the place. Makes me wonder though, how many people think of their own town as a travel destination?

   My son and I have journeyed out on several occasions. Most recent we made it our mission to find a connection between the 15th st bridge and a bridge that is near the local Walmart. We turned off 3rd st onto Skyline Dr.(why its called skyline is beyond me)and we followed Skyline to were it ended in Fox hill estates we followed several streets in the area and they all looped back into each other or dead ended in peoples driveways. So we went back on Skyline and turned onto Soldier Springs Road, Soldier Springs ended at Howe Road and we could go right or left. Right crossed the Railroad tracks so obviously that would go back to the High Way. We took left and three miles later found that Howe road dead ended at a limestone quarry. By this time it was starting to get dark and it was decided that we should head back into town following Howe Road, which of course lead us to the High Way, then to 3rd st. We hopped on the interstate and took the Grand exit and stopped at Almanza's for chips. Spud bounced around as nine year olds do till the chips arrived. Then it was,"I don't like Cheddar. Can we get a Churro?" Kids.

    I look at the above piece of graffiti and wonder who did it. Like anything though it is only there because some one wanted to leave a sign of their passing. I took the picture of not only it but several other graffiti works around Laramie. Spud was with me of course, his original plan being Sweet Pickles. They were closed so he and I took advantage of  a warm November day and explored downtown Laramie. Yes our own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment