Sunday, March 3, 2013

Flying Pickles

Laramie is interesting....it has a public transport that only covers half the town and its trademark feature is a pair of dark green buses that are referred too as flying pickles. I rode these at one point because Codename Plush drives them on occasion. They are comfortable for public transport. No weird smells to speak of. All three buses follow the same route though. I am sure one could say many things about that however I am going to move on to a different topic and go from there.

 Yesterday was March second and at seven thirty in the morning it was already fifty degrees. I drove to work(reluctantly), pulling up a co-worker was standing around so I quipped that it was one of those days that begs you to quit, which was exactly what this co-worker was doing. Very formally I might add. Which got me thinking about all the ways one quits a job. Typically one gives notice in some fashion that they will no longer be a presence after this date, that is the responsible way. Other ways include walking out with no announcement, walking out with proclamation or my favorite simply disappearing. I could explore this topic of work for quite awhile really. The differing attitudes and beliefs concerning work and the various justifications people make to not feel guilty about spending time with the things and people they love. I used to be a workaholic myself, till I realized how completely useless the whole pursuit was and now I work on my terms(whatever that means).

No comments:

Post a Comment