Monday, March 18, 2013

Hiatus can be good

Since the last publication many adventures have taken place. I will start with Cheyenne, Cheyenne focuses way to much on Frontier Days, The granddaddy of all rodeos. Sitting at 6,062 feet above sea level Cheyenne is a great High Altitude city. I lived here for several months.While I did I was mainly on foot and I worked at the Holiday Inn Express located off W. Lincolnway or off I-80 exit blah blah because I don't remember the number. Long story short being on foot in a city or town is a sure fire way too become really familiar with said town and find the stuff that actually is cool. Cheyenne has a trail that winds through the entire city, this trail when followed can easily devour a day like small children snorting pixie sticks. Along with this feature you one may also find themselves in Cheyennes' down town which is filled(if your into this sort of thing) Pre-1900's and Art Deco buildings. Also in downtown you can find Phoenix Books(used bookstore and purveyor of collector quality vinyl), Heros Unlimited(comics and collectables), and a number of restaurants(most notable are The Albany, Shadows Brew Pub, and The Plainsmen). Shopping also has its stores, I haven't been in any of them  Moving along Cheyenne has several very well maintained parks of recreation, two of them along lincolnway. If you happen onto Pershing Blvd, you can find a National guard Museum, a theater and employment services . Ridge Road, which runs North to South you can find an Army Surplus Store and also access any section of town. On Dell Range(which is connected to the trail) you will find all the Chain Shopping centers and restaurants. I could go on about Cheyenne, but for now I am done with that municipality...
 
         Hiatus is good, it gives one a chance to reflect gather resources and ask questions like; Where am I going? What am doing? Where does my energy and focus need to go? What direction am I going with this? Otherwise you just become another mediocre statistic, spinning your wheels getting no where.Which is why I started this post talking about Cheyenne. Its a smaller city, not unlike Billings, Montana, with lots to offer. Do they advertise any of it? When you pull in does any one see a sign that says Check out our events center it has mini golf? or come see the National Guard Museum or tour the Historic Downtown? No. The entire city is stuck on Frontier Days and every thing is about Frontier Days....maybe this year I'll actually go.

No comments:

Post a Comment